What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which auto plugs with Electroair ignition?

Vansconvert

Well Known Member
I have an Electroair ignition system on a Lycoming IO-320. Which Automotive plugs are you using and what is the gap? Is Electroair still in business? The number I saw on the internet is no longer in service.

I called Electroair at 248.674.3433 on 8/29 and left a message. I never got a call back, but the phone at their end was connected to something. For my Electroair setup I use the UAREM37HE aviation plug so I can't help on the subject of auto plugs. SJS

Electroair used to use Autolite 386 plugs. I have 1600+ hours in an IO360A1A angle valve engine. Auto wires and no 18mm adapter.

GM

The 386's work fine. Sometimes you can get electrical noise with them, as they are an unshielded plug.

Vic

The 386's work fine. Sometimes you can get electrical noise with them, as they are an unshielded plug.

Vic

Over the years I used the Autolite 386's in my O-320 that Vic referenced, gapped at .035 as I recall.

Also used NGK BR8EIX's right out of the box.

Seemed to get better performance with Aviation REM37BY's than with the Autolite 386's and MAYBE even better than that with the NGK's.

This was all with the "O.G" Jeff Rose variant (Purple).

Back