What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thank You!

petehowell

Well Known Member
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has helped with my RV along the way. The past few months, it has been a very useful tool to cover a lot of ground.

In January, my 88-year-old mom suffered a severe gall badder attack - she spent time in the hospital and stabilized. At the end of Feb, she was healthy enough for surgery. Well, it did not go as planned. The same day, outpatient procedure turned into a 2-week hospital stay, complete with emergency surgery and an ICU stay, followed by 2+ weeks in a rehab facility.

Minneapolis is an 8-10 hr drive from South Bend, but it is only 2.5 via RV. The plane has allowed me to be there almost weekly (and sometimes twice) to spell my sister when she needs it and to be with my mom.

Did a day trip down there yesterday and Mom is doing great, almost all the way back. I'll head down later this week to get her to some doc appts.

Once - again my thanks, and look for me burning up the skies of MN, WI, IL, IN, and MI along the way. The plane knows KANE - KJOT - 3HO - 3TR by heart now!

Did a day trip down there yesterday and Mom is doing great, almost all the way back. I'll head down later this week to get her to some doc appts.

Once - again my thanks, and look for me burning up the skies of MN, WI, IL, IN, and MI along the way. The plane knows KANE - KJOT - 3HO - 3TR by heart now!

Pete,

Glad your Mom is doing well...great story! And what's this I hear about some nutty pilot reporting his position as "Ho Ho Ho" when passing over Hobart, IN? Cheers, amigo..see ya at OSH perhaps?

Cheers,
Bob

Pete,

Glad your Mom is doing well...great story! And what's this I hear about some nutty pilot reporting his position as "Ho Ho Ho" when passing over Hobart, IN? Cheers, amigo..see ya at OSH perhaps?

Cheers,
Bob

Bob - looking forward to OSH! The best part of flying around Chicago is seeing eye-to-eye some of your old SWA buddies jetting into Midway. a 737 at close range is impressive!

Back