What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SUGGESTIONS for ATLANTA area EAA chapters and tech advisors...

jcmcdowell

Well Known Member
Im on the South side of the city of Atlanta and looking for suggestions in EAA chapters and tech advisors from some RV folks.

Thanks

jcmcdowell
9a emp ready to rivet

South Atlanta RV's

There's lots of experience around KFFC-Falcon Field. There's a builder center at Griffin where people come from all over the world. You are surrounded by RV'ers.

chapter suggestion

The folks at KFFC are good.. great people at griffin, and chapter 690 at LZU on the east side is full of great people... and a ton of RV'rs
"twinkie"
Brian
N41RC

I work for Alexander Tech Center at the Griffin Airport. Monday 20 March we start a new tail class. We will have a 7, 8, and 9 builder. You are welcome to come down and have a look. We should be there all week.

I visited the Alexander center

Good Guys. There was a class ongoing when I came down. The most helpful thing was to see people actually using the tools.

Any advisors you can suggest??

looking for the same north of atlanta

I'll be moving to Acworth the end of this month, and expect to get started on an RV-4 immediately. I posted on TeamRV group as well, but where & which EAA chapter (or builder groups) have a good RV following? I'd like to get to meet some folks doing the same. Maybe it'll keep me from putting my wings on backwards. Any recommendations for a Tech Counselor (RV type) in the area?
Thanks, and Happy Easter.
-Clam
PS. I'd be happy to help buck some rivets if anyone is building up in the Acworth/Marietta neck of the woods...

You might try EAA 268, which typically meets at McCollum on the third Thursday each month. (www.eaa268.org). There are a couple of flying RV's associated with the chapter plus quite a few under construciton.

I'm also a TC, but time constraints make it hard to fit in all the requests. I have at least two outstanding requests for TC visits right now, my plane is down for condition inspection, and the wife ain't letting up on my to-do list...

;-)

Back