What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus ESG Altitude input failure

D Weisgerber

Well Known Member
I was flying today and about 15 minutes into a flight I got an altitude input failure message on my Stratus ESG. I pulled the flight up on Flight Aware, the track shows my altitude is exactly 4500 feet from that point of my flight until I landed. I am going to check my connections to my latitude encoder tomorrow, is there anything else I should check. I am thinking I might need to replace the encoder. I am using an ACK A-30 encoder.

Just to close this thread out. I checked my connections at the encoder. I had good ground, power and the RS232 wire is in good shape. I ended up buying a new ACK A30.9 encoder and it works now.

Just to close this thread out. I checked my connections at the encoder. I had good ground, power and the RS232 wire is in good shape. I ended up buying a new ACK A30.9 encoder and it works now.

Don't forget that technically (FAR's) speaking, a data correspondence check (verify alt and encoder match within 125') must be completed now.:eek:

Back