What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static Line Routing

charlesmc

I bought the SteinAir static line kit and installed the two static ports. I'm trying to decide on how to route the static lines.

I see some people route the static lines immediately upwards, create a T-junction near the top of the fuselage, and then send the line forward. I'm assuming that at some point this will need to be routed down and then into the side conduits.

Are the static lines routed up to keep water out of them?

Do I need to go up to the ceiling of the tailcone for the T-junction or can I bring the other line over and then just route the static line along one of the longerons until I get to the vicinity of conduit and then go through the side conduit at that point?

Thanks,

Charles

Yes you want the lines to go up to a tee and then back down to keep water out of the main line. I didn't go all the way to the top, maybe 6" on one side. I like the 90* fittings at the port so that water cannot collect in the line and freeze.

Here's how I did the routing on my -7's. Port direct to tube, tube into press-to-connect "Union Y" fitting, thence down along the longeron (-7).

IMG_4598.jpeg

Not a 10, but this is how I'm doing it on my 9. The T will be screwed to a bracket that attaches to the longeron using a bolt for the seat belt anchor. The static line runs forward under the longeron. 20230923_125551.jpg

Back