What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some guys just know what they are doing!

N40ES

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would get "Pins & Needles" in my feet when placed on the floor of the fuse while flying. I called Vettermans Exhaust and texted pictures to Clint. He sent some 45-degree exhaust tips to me and they easily fixed the sleepy feet problems. But now all other vibrations were a lot more noticeable. Reached out to the VAF Brain Trust and it was mentioned to "Clock your Prop" also call Dave Farmer to balance your Prop! (AKA: Dave12) Dave came down next day with his DynaVibe GX3. First run-up results .33 out of balance, after adjustments & small weight, second run-up .03 and on the third run-up result .01 The results and difference were immediately noticeable! Even the shut down was smooth, I had become used to that last Prop rotation wobble as RPM's bled off. NOT ANY MORE! Smooth! The flight after was so relaxing I didn't want to land. I am now a true believer; get you prop balanced. Thank You Dave Farmer of Elkton Maryland. :cool:

Back