What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sniffle valve placement

Djgeib

I have an IO360 in a -8 with a superior cold air sump and Vettermans crossover exhaust. Unfortunately the aft hole in the air sump is directly above the crossover pipe. It was obvious that the sniffle valve Vans supplied would not fit in that spot so I order a manifold sump drain from Airflow Performance. I’m still having clearance issues. I can get the valve in but attaching a drain line to run aft rubs on exhaust. My choices seem to be move to the forward hole (not ideal for tail dragger) or remove drain line and let it drain straight down.
Any thoughts, tips or suggestions?
IMG_0194.jpegIMG_0192.jpeg

Eliminate it and add "Drain induction sump" to the Condition Inspection checklist.

I have an IO360 in a -8 with a superior cold air sump and Vettermans crossover exhaust. Unfortunately the aft hole in the air sump is directly above the crossover pipe. It was obvious that the sniffle valve Vans supplied would not fit in that spot so I order a manifold sump drain from Airflow Performance. I’m still having clearance issues. I can get the valve in but attaching a drain line to run aft rubs on exhaust. My choices seem to be move to the forward hole (not ideal for tail dragger) or remove drain line and let it drain straight down.
Any thoughts, tips or suggestions?

Napa (or similar store) has a 45 degree fitting that you can clock to the rear. It will then clear the cross over. Picture of my setup isn't the best angle but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20171021_172449_crop.jpg
    20171021_172449_crop.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 63
  • 20171021_172449_crop_elbow.jpg
    20171021_172449_crop_elbow.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Back