What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Share hangar / workshop space for building RV-8 (Seattle Area)

ash_kapoor

I'm New Here
Hi All,

I have been lurking around here a lot and have learnt quite a bit from the forum. To introduce myself, I am a relatively newer IFR rated pilot based out of RNT. The reason I am posting here is that I am planning to build an RV-8 and looking for options to keep my project at. I am thinking it'll be ideal if there is a possibility of sharing hangar or workshop space with another person (near Seattle Area). I am willing to share appropriate costs, be flexible and work with requirements about workshop habits etc (I am a total novice). Please do drop me a line if the idea appeals to you and you'd like to talk.

Also, please do let me know if folks here have ideas about options (other than my own garage) to keep my project at?

Thanks in advance,
Ashish

Give the boys at Axsys Air a call

Ashish,

Axsys Air is a builder's assistance outfit where I am building my RV-4. They're located in Frontier Airpark and would rent you build space, mentoring, and provide you with all the tools you'll need. They advertise here on VAF. Under construction, besides my RV-4, are an RV-6A, RV-10, and RV-12.

Cheers,
Jim

Axsys Air

Thanks Jim!

Yes I am considering Axsys air and attending their weekend course this sat sun. They look promising, the only problem is that I live in Kirkland which is almost a 50 min drive and I am thinking the distance might prove to be a negative factor in the build process. Consequently, I am exploring what else can I do.

Any ideas / suggestions will be much appreciated.

Ashish

Ashish,
I live in Bellevue and have had my Rocket in the basement for years. We converted the family room into a shop. It has doors and windows to the backyard and that is how I will get it out. My wife has been very understanding and it has worked out well. A friend built his RV-8 in one stall of his 2-car garage in Issaquah. Just offering the thought of using what you have ??

Back