What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Salty Prop Bahamas Flying

Capt Sandy

Well Known Member
Way back in 2017 Roy and I traveled with a group of other RV nut-jobs flying from Homestead, Florida (actually Roy and I started our trip in Hillsboro, Oregon) to the islands of St. Kitts, Grenada and St. Croix. “That was just crazy,” I said to Roy at the time. What I did not know was on that trip we would make wonderful, lasting friendships, reconnect with my passion for scuba diving, and worst of all, develop a deep longing for flying in the plane my darling husband built back to warm salt water.

Fast forward to this past summer, at an EAA fly-in where we sat across from Juliette and Roger over a taco lunch. After we replied to several of their interview-type questions regarding our preferred mode of travel, they invited us to join them on a trek to the Bahamas, flying our Van’s Aircraft - our RV-7A and their RV-14A.
I considered the matter for a long second and a half. After I said “Yes, we’d love to” I asked Roy his thoughts on the matter. He didn’t need much convincing.

As I watch the video from our time here with Juliette and Roger, I am swept with joy. We are so blessed to view the world from this perspective. That is all I have to say about that. The video says the rest.
https://youtu.be/5lbjPg39lvg?si=6QMHvHTLWVE3EqeR

GPTempDownload.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I had a long day in the garage working on my RV7A today. I'm about 2-3 months away from being done with the wings. I promised my wife that we'd fly to the Bahamas in our RV when it's done, so this is very motivating!

Sandy & Roy
Greetings from home! (Chapt 105)
Great video! It makes me want to do it when I get the 10 done!
Jim Frisbie

Trips like this are the main reason I built our 9A. We'll be retired soon and then looking for people to join to the Caribbean!

Back