What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Panel F-7103(X) Dimensions - 10.7" or 11.7" Tall & Center Stack Radios

gmcjetpilot

Well Known Member
DXF file does not match panel in Kit? I could be reading the CAD file wrong?
I am reading the tape measurer right. CAD shows Approx 11.7" tall & panel is 10.7" tall. I am guessing the X means something. Drawing shows F-7103 no X.
Did Van change the size in height 1" in newer kits? (I know Van's store sells a 13" tall panel for customizing,)

Center Stack what did you do? Slider builders know in three positions at top there is structure that keeps items from being mounted too high up on the panel. I can work with it, just curious what you did? (tip up has different panel support)
  • Move the stack to right?
  • Modify stiffener to allow more clearance to stiffener?
  • Lower top center instrument/radio to clear stiffener?

Last edited:
DXF file does not match panel in Kit? I could be reading the CAD file wrong?
I am reading the tape measurer right. CAD shows Approx 11.5" tall & panel is 10.5" tall. I am guessing the X means something. Drawing shows F-7103 no X.
Did Van change the size in height 1" in newer kits? (I know Van's store sells a 13" tall panel for customizing,)

Center Stack what did you do? Slider builders know in three positions at top there is structure that keeps items from being mounted too high up on the panel. I can work with it, just curious what you did? (tip up has different panel support)
  • Move the stack to right?
  • Modify stiffener to allow more clearance to stiffener?
  • Lower top center instrument/radio to clear stiffener?
The CAD drawing shows the dimensions of the sheet metal prior to the bending of the bottom edge. You’ve got to subtract that to get the useable area.

The CAD drawing shows the dimensions of the sheet metal prior to the bending of the bottom edge. You’ve got to subtract that to get the useable area.

Interesting.... Thanks for the help. So you are saying the CAD DXF file has the flange shown flat pattern? (Deleted rest of original post to avoid embarrassing myself, ha ha.)

EDIT: "mackd" is correct.... . My panel measures 10.9" high at middle and DXF CAD file is 11.8. Van's builder support first told me they changed the panel from early kits. Since I have an early kit I assumed that was correct. Then I asked again. As mackd said the CAD file is flat pattern without bend....So we are all good.

IF ANYONE HAS A LATE RV7 or RV9 KIT, please measure height of instrument panel in middle.... confirm you are just shy of 11". Thank you.

Last edited:
Back