What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rosen RV-10 visor with Aerosport overhead console

ERushing

Well Known Member
Has anyone used the Rosen RV-10 visor with the Aerosport overhead console? It looks like the two will interfere significantly when the visor is folded back. Any experience? Pictures?

I'm considering adding them because flying into the sun can be pretty bright. (Well, not actually into the sun but flying with the sun directly in front and low on the horizon.)

Thank you!

Hi Ben,

I've referenced Mark's build log many times. I couldn't find any pictures in his log showing the visor folded up and back. Or perhaps that's not the intent with the visors...

Definitely. You can look on Geoff's (Aerosport products) site for photos. He also sells a nice mount for them that fits the shape of the A pillar where they need to go. Just got done installing them.

Definitely. You can look on Geoff's (Aerosport products) site for photos. He also sells a nice mount for them that fits the shape of the A pillar where they need to go. Just got done installing them.
Any chance you can post a link? I just searched the Aerosport website and didn't find anything.

Another way you may consider... Buy a Ram Universal SunShade for $37.00 and an adjustable socket arm for around $25.00 to clamp to the center post. I ground the ball clamp on one side to better fit the shape of the post and added some rubber to the clamp to keep it from marring the post. very clean and inexpensive system. I also added a ball mount above the doors and can transfer the shade to a side window, really flexible way to do sunshades in the 10. What else is nice is that you can turn the shade horizontal and at angles to cover where you need it. Just another option.

I found that the Rosen visors kept getting in the way and I didn’t use them as much as I though so I removed them.

That's still an option with mine. It does stow up to the roof so I never take it off but if one wanted to they could just tuck it in the seat back and grab it as needed.

Eric, if you do decide to buy the Rosen visors, I have some that I bought for my -10 that are brand new, never used, and in their original box. Just got lazy and enjoyed flying too much so I never took on the project to install them. Make me an offer and I’ll send them (fly them?) over. Just noticed you are in Mollala! I fly out of KHIO.

I moulded the frame to make a pad for them. I also placed them as high and possible so they just cleared the centre post. You can only stow them forward with the AEROSPORT switch pod so I am interested to see if they work for me or not. I hope they do as I always used the other type before my upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
Sorry, the pictures are small. Trying to see how they mount.
I had these ones before the Rosens. They mount with a single screw through the cabin top. The trouble I had with them is the constant adjusting of the screws. After so much flying the visors would fall down so I kept having to tighten the screws...but not to tight or they wouldn't move. They were to frustrating for me.

Eric,

Check out Mark's build log site here and search for Rosen. I no finished pics but plenty of in process.
Here are a couple of pics of Marks (now mine) overhead and the Rosen. If you need any other pics list me know.

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
A friend installed these and thought they were on the "flimsy" side. I know less than half the price of Rosins but is the value there? Thanks
I installed the blue sky, but the bracket was flimsy and couldn't find the right geometry to make it work on the a pillar, so I made this ugtastic bracket with a couple or hose clamps to make it work on the crash bar. The rosen's definitly have a much better bracket system. I use kinderfluff on the door windows if I need it. Honestly hardly ever use the visors, but they are there if I need them.

Attachments

• 20230528_154604.jpg
    20230528_154604.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Back