What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Gov oil line help- photos

joew

Well Known Member
I’m converting my engine to CS. It’s a Titan IOX 360, horizontal cold air induction. I got the parts from Titan, but the stock lycoming SS oil pressure line doesn’t seem to fit. Any suggestions? Wondering if they have a flexible tube version that would fit better.

Any photos of the routing would be very helpful. Engine is on the stand, so I have easy access.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
I’m converting my engine to CS. It’s a Titan IOX 360, horizontal cold air induction. I got the parts from Titan, but the stock lycoming SS oil pressure line doesn’t seem to fit. Any suggestions? Wondering if they have a flexible tube version that would fit better.

Any photos of the routing would be very helpful. Engine is on the stand, so I have easy access.
I'm converting mine to a really nice hose from Tom at TS Flightlines/Aircraft Specialties. My old SS one had several nicks/worn places in spite of being installed exactly as directed in the Lycoming manual. The new internal firesleeve hose will be more tolerant of any possible rubbing and I will have the ability to adjust it during any subsequent inspections.

I used a flex line on my second RV8 (pic below) brown line. I chose to run it over the top for ease of installation and inspection. I think there is an AD on the SS line running below the cylinders for line chafing on the clamps that secure it to the engine. With the over the top, the connection at the front of the engine is easier (in my opinion).

Attachments

• IMG_0809_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0809_Original.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
I'm converting mine to a really nice hose from Tom at TS Flightlines/Aircraft Specialties. My old SS one had several nicks/worn places in spite of being installed exactly as directed in the Lycoming manual. The new internal firesleeve hose will be more tolerant of any possible rubbing and I will have the ability to adjust it during any subsequent inspections.
How did you go about ordering? Such as diameter, routing, etc? I kinda like your ideal better. Are you going under or over the top?

I used a flex line on my second RV8 (pic below) brown line. I chose to run it over the top for ease of installation and inspection. I think there is an AD on the SS line running below the cylinders for line chafing on the clamps that secure it to the engine. With the over the top, the connection at the front of the engine is easier (in my opinion).
The does look pretty clean. Who made your hose? Do you have E Mags? If so, I’m just generally running my leads before I hang the engine. Did you cross cross the leads (one ignition split top and bottom) or just split the top and bottom between the two?

The does look pretty clean. Who made your hose? Do you have E Mags? If so, I’m just generally running my leads before I hang the engine. Did you cross cross the leads (one ignition split top and bottom) or just split the top and bottom between the two?
My gov line came with my engine from JB Aircraft. Looks just like the lines I got from TS. My two E mag harnesses are criss/crossed - upper on one side, lower on the other, although I don’t think it would matter.

How did you go about ordering? Such as diameter, routing, etc? I kinda like your ideal better. Are you going under or over the top?
One call to Tom is all it takes. I plan to run it in the same location as the old SS line. Tom said that this normally takes a 32inch linch. I confirmed that by running a 3/4 inch clear plastic hose and then measured it. I received the line three days after the order was placed and, like all of the other hoses he made for me, it is a work of art. BTW, this system normally runs at 200-300 psi and EVERY hose they produce is proof tested to 2,000 psi and Tom said they have taken a sample to 7,500 psi with no failure.

Attachments

• IMG_5855.jpeg
    IMG_5855.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
One call to Tom is all it takes. I plan to run it in the same location as the old SS line. Tom said that this normally takes a 32inch linch. I confirmed that by running a 3/4 inch clear plastic hose and then measured it. I received the line three days after the order was placed and, like all of the other hoses he made for me, it is a work of art.
Yep, I did the same; works great, no issues.

One call to Tom is all it takes. I plan to run it in the same location as the old SS line. Tom said that this normally takes a 32inch linch. I confirmed that by running a 3/4 inch clear plastic hose and then measured it. I received the line three days after the order was placed and, like all of the other hoses he made for me, it is a work of art. BTW, this system normally runs at 200-300 psi and EVERY hose they produce is proof tested to 2,000 psi and Tom said they have taken a sample to 7,500 psi with no failure.
I think I will call Tom tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

Back