What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PIREP wanted KBFF (Western Nebraska Regional)

steve murray

Well Known Member
I am planning cross country trip end of the month to Montana and need an overnight spot. Looking at KBFF. Not sure if I can get a taxi into town for hotel. Local knowledge\recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Flew in there once for an overnight, and taxi was available at that time, nice airport. But it’s been 8 or 9 years ago.

I can recommend KSNY, Sidney, Nebraska. Couldn’t ask for better service from George at L&L Aviation. Loaner car, hotel discount, hangar was $30/night, last September.

Gary

X2 for KSNY! I was flying to BFF but decided to stop at SNY instead and I am so glad I did. Light snow overnight turned to ice on my wings. In the morning George put me in his hanger, helped me wipe off the water, and then refused any payment. Great guy, excellent crew car, and a close hotel. Definitely where I now stop if needed.

KLXN

We stopped at KLXN on our flight from Caldwell ID to KTEW MI. It was pretty quiet when we got there but the pilot lounge was open and the keys to the car were inside. There are a couple hotels and a few places to eat. It was OK but we never saw anyone at the airport so we tied down outside.

KLXN... Lexington, NE.

Would it really be that difficult to put a city name along with the identifier? Otherwise, we have to Google or Foreflight look up to see what the heck LXN is...:rolleyes:

Good point, applies to my original post as well. I was looking for input on KBFF (Western Nebraska) just on Nebraska \ Wyoming border.

This locale would be our 2nd 4 hour leg for the day and probably time to stop and look for hotel. I will check out the other locations suggested so far.

KLXN... Lexington, NE.

Would it really be that difficult to put a city name along with the identifier? Otherwise, we have to Google or Foreflight look up to see what the heck LXN is...:rolleyes:

Agree it would have been easier but we are pilots and a person looking to do a cross country would have most likely looked at all the airports in the area. LXN is on his flight path and has fuel for about a buck less a gallon.

Back