What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 15-02, Figure 3

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
1711660296077.png

I have the pieces to assemble the Left side assembly, but did not receive the Right side versions of W-1013C-LX and W-1013C-R. Are they the same nomenclature and just reversible? Hesitant to order without the correct stock identifier. Thanks.

A couple months ago I received my RV-14 wing kit and received 2 of the same side and had to order the replacement; they are not reversible! Wonder if we got each others parts 🤣

View attachment 59509

I have the pieces to assemble the Left side assembly, but did not receive the Right side versions of W-1013C-LX and W-1013C-R. Are they the same nomenclature and just reversible? Hesitant to order without the correct stock identifier. Thanks.
Type "w-1013c" into the Store search field on vansaircraft.com, and you'll see the 4 related parts (2 left, 2 right).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.13.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.13.56 AM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
Type "w-1013c" into the Store search field on vansaircraft.com, and you'll see the 4 related parts (2 left, 2 right).
Yes. Thank you. I finally just looked for and found an outboard hinge assembly in a drawing in the next section which show the orientation for the left wing which cleared up my confusion as to which part numbers to order.

Did you not receive updated parts in the SB kit? The parts in post#1 that you’re looking for are all replaced.
I believe the SB is only for the inboard aileron bracket assemblies and those parts were included. Since I'm building a 14, I started at step 20. The two parts for the outboard bracket were supposed to be in the wing kit but I guess I missed spotting their absence during my inventory.

Yes, you’re right it’s only for the 2 inboard brackets. I’m amazed that Vans hasn’t just incorporated that relatively small revision into the kit and done away with the SB.

Yes, you’re right it’s only for the 2 inboard brackets. I’m amazed that Vans hasn’t just incorporated that relatively small revision into the kit and done away with the SB.
Yeah, they should do that but it's probably a lot easier (for Van's) to keep it as a (confusing) SB than to incorporate the changes into revisions of the main plans.

Back