What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NFL Video of Military Flyovers

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
Okay, I wrestled with where to put this thread. Doug, or one of the other moderators, may wish to move this, but I thought it was too good to post in the Test Section where it would stay only a short while. Since we don't have a Patriotic Forum, I thought it fit best in the Formation Forum.

Both of my sons serve in the Air National Guard, and one of them sent this link to me. I hope you enjoy it.

Don

Awesome!

Mission objective: Time on target 21 hrs 37 min 40 sec.

Incredible....and thanks for posting here, Don.

b,
d

Thats awesome.

The night of the MLB all star game, I got to refuel the B-2 before they did the fly over. Thats was pretty cool.

Awesome!!! I used to play in band in college, and even when you knew it was coming it was still disorienting. :)

NFL Flyovers

My wife and I were at the first Jaguar game in Jacksonville, FL following the 9/11 attack.

If you recall, the whole NFL season was delayed a week by that attack.

First of all, there was not a dry eye in the stadium during the singing of the National Anthem. Then as the phrase "Home of the Brave" was belted out, the US Navy did a fly-by with full afterburner. I simply bawled like a baby!!

The National Anthem and the fly-by was worth far more then the price of admission!!

Freedom is not Free.

Dale Ellis

Fly-Overs

Now this may sound biased...but just trust me...it's NOT!

Yeah, I always love the Jet Fly-Overs...however I will argue the best ones are when the Army Flies their Apaches and Blackhawks INTO the stadium. I remember sitting on the upper rows at West Point for the 2004 Home Opener and saw 2 Blackhawks and 2 Apaches fly UNDER my vantage point. Only weeks after the game did I learn my buddy was flying one of the Apaches. Don't get me wrong...screaming jets overhead are cool. I just think low and slow really gets your attention! :)

Back