What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Garmin Panel Complete! G3X Touch

quinnjim

It took awhile, but my new panel is finally done.

Garmin G3X
Garmin G5
Garmin GNC 255A NAV/COM
Garmin GTR20 Remote Mount COM
Garmin GMA 245 Audio Panel
Garmin GNX 375 WAAS GPS Transponder
Garmin Auto Pilot
Pivot Mount for Ipad

Reactions: bhp
Panel looks great! Quick qestion. Are you displaying ADSB traffic and weather on your G3X screeen sourced from the GNX 375 transponder/navigator? A Garmin guy told me recently that the G3X would NOT display the ADSB in data from the GNX375 and I would need to have a GTX345 transponder or add one of the GDL51 solutions to the GNX375 to display the ADSB in traffic/weather data on G3X. That did not seem right to me and it looks like your 375/G3X combo works as I would expect (displaying ADSB traffic and weater).

Thanks!
Bill

A Garmin guy told me recently that the G3X would NOT display the ADSB in data from the GNX375
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the information you were given is not correct: this interface works fine. You can see the wiring details in Figure 24-2.17 in the current G3X installation manual (revision AU).

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the information you were given is not correct: this interface works fine. You can see the wiring details in Figure 24-2.17 in the current G3X installation manual (revision AU).
I would say fortunately! Thanks for the confirmation.

It took awhile, but my new panel is finally done.

Garmin G3X
Garmin G5
Garmin GNC 255A NAV/COM
Garmin GTR20 Remote Mount COM
Garmin GMA 245 Audio Panel
Garmin GNX 375 WAAS GPS Transponder
Garmin Auto Pilot
Pivot Mount for Ipad

Looks familiar, love mine! The GNX375 ADSB traffic show up very nicely on G3X and iPad (Foreflight) and on the GNX itself.

My RV7 panel:
C7298409-D4B9-4C05-BAE1-5958FA809B69_1_105_c.jpeg

Nice panel!
What iPad mount did you use?
I used the Pivot Mount. We use them at work (with the airlines). I didn’t want to do an “in panel” mount since the size of ipads can change over time. It works great. Ipad pops in and out of panel with ease and is very secure.

Panel looks great! Quick qestion. Are you displaying ADSB traffic and weather on your G3X screeen sourced from the GNX 375 transponder/navigator? A Garmin guy told me recently that the G3X would NOT display the ADSB in data from the GNX375 and I would need to have a GTX345 transponder or add one of the GDL51 solutions to the GNX375 to display the ADSB in traffic/weather data on G3X. That did not seem right to me and it looks like your 375/G3X combo works as I would expect (displaying ADSB traffic and weater).

Thanks!
Bill
Sorry I didn’t respond. We’ve been on vacation. The 375 will put traffic on everything (as mentioned).

Back