What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Dynon HDX software update 16.7

amekler

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone updated to this version?
I asked Van's and they said they weren't planning on testing it.
Alan
N603NH
RV-12

just downloaded it and plan to install it this afternoon. I have never had any problems with Dynon updates, as such, I load the new versions as soon as they becomes available.

just downloaded it and plan to install it this afternoon. I have never had any problems with Dynon updates, as such, I load the new versions as soon as they becomes available.
I too has never had a problem with the Dynon updates, BUT, as the last poster said, I will be updating this afternoon and now I'll be looking to see if I have any problems.
Thanks Fixit

The -12 has a specific update that has to be approved by Vans - at least for SLSA. Most of the ELSA folk wait for the Van's blessed Dynon update as well.

I will never again install a new update without testing first!!!

Installed one in the past .12 or .13 if memory serves, tach times were all F'd up, there response was "wait for an update" which took many many months! Tech support was good to work with and their support was generally good but I was not happy that day I was an early adopter!

Looks like at least one person is having auto pilot issues with 16.7…

I have been flying 16.7RC4, 7 flights for 13.6 hours on my D1000 (classic) and I have not observed any issues so far. That includes flying coupled approaches with the AP. I run my own sensor definitions file, so I do not rely on Van's for updates. You could roll your update using the RV-12 Dynon preset files on the Van's downloads page. Van's has 16.4 posted, which is now 4 revs behind. Might be a good community project to help Van's while they work on other issues.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

I have been flying Dynon for over 12 yrs first with classic, now with HDX. I think I started with version 6.x something. Have experienced minor issuse on SW upgrades but I know of others with bigger problems The most annoying for me has bees AP tuning changes. For example I installed 16.6.0 and had 2 problems, one was a recurring message flashing for maybe 2 seconds and repeat maybe every minute or so on one display only, which sometimes would swap sides on reboot. It mysteriously went away after 4 or 5 flights. The second was AP misbehavior on the first flight. I was climbing on IAS mode with ALT selected. On capturing the altitude the airplane became a bucking bronc. Disengaged AP very rapidly. I had to decrease high speed sensitivity by 75% to get it flying correctly again. Ended up doing the complete AP pitch tuning over again. Dynon says they have no other reports of this behavior. Guess I’m just special.

Does anyone have a Vans config file that’s working well on their HDX system (912is). In the middle of a software update nightmare. Dynon is updated correctly but the Vans file (included in the ZIP file with 16.4.0) threw all my sensor values out of wack.

Back