What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for prop paint

Manchu16

I spoke with Sensenich and my prop is painted with Hartzell Grey / Aviation Grey / SW F63TXA. I am trying to find a rattle can to touch up a few places I previously dressed. I keep hearing horror stories about Tempo A151 not spraying well and it is becoming hard to find. Sherwin Williams F63TXA is only in can form. I have seen quite a few other Hartzell Grey SW spray cans that have a different part number.

Has anyone found anything close that matches Hartzell Grey / Sensenich Grey in an easy to find rattle can? I already alodined the repair. This is just for the cosmetic part. I dont mind spending the $50 a can for the SW stuff if that is the only thing out there that is close.

Thanks!

Try to find someone local with a Sensenich on the shelf. Make sure it matches your prop color, and take it to an automotive paint shop. They can match the color and put it in a spraycan or a small paint can.

I expect you may hear from another Alabama resident who knows much more about this than I do.

P.S. To all VAFers: With the new Forum format, there's no way to find a name to make the reply a bit more personal. I've put my real first name in the signature block years ago so other members would know what to call me.

P.S. To all VAFers: With the new Forum format, there's no way to find a name to make the reply a bit more personal. I've put my real first name in the signature block years ago so other members would know what to call me.

Double click on posters image or name (can't remember what the image is called right now) in the upper left, then click about, scroll down and see name (if provided).

Double click on posters image or name (can't remember what the image is called right now) in the upper left, then click about, scroll down and see name (if provided).
Carlos,
Thanks. I had only hovered over or single clicked on the image before.
Anyway, a name or nickname in the profile or signature line can humanize the poster. I'm not inclined to start a reply with "RV-Weenie".

Back