What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for an rv6/7 ride in California

sebc150

I'm New Here
New member here.

I own a cessna 150 in Belgium and I’m on a west coast trip until the 17th.
Currently in the LA area and I have a 152 rental here. Going north to san fran on the 13th.

Have been interested in RV’s since a while ago.

Just checking if theres anyone with a -6 or -7 that would want to take me for a short ride. I’ll fuel up your plane afterwards and coffee on me.

Thanks all for considering
Peace

New member here.

Currently in the LA area and I have a 152 rental here. Going north to san fran on the 13th.

Just checking if theres anyone with a -6 or -7 that would want to take me for a short ride. I’ll fuel up your plane afterwards and coffee on me.

Peace

I can ruin Cessnas for you on Wednesday the 14 at Whiteman, KWHP. Thursday might work, too.

Pax,
Ed Holyoke

I can take you for a ride in my -6 at TOA if you like. Can't go today, and weather is not looking too good Sun AM or Mon AM. Maybe Monday afternoon?

Sent you my contact info via private message.

New member here.

Peace

I'm located in Livermore, just s short hop away from San Francisco. Looks like Wednesday the 14th we will have good weather. I'm free for a bit on Wednesday afternoon after 2:30pm. If weather permits we can squeeze in a bay tour.

I can take you for a ride in my -6 at TOA if you like. Can't go today, and weather is not looking too good Sun AM or Mon AM. Maybe Monday afternoon?

Sent you my contact info via private message.

Thank you Heinrich for giving me a ride in your exquisite RV-6.

And thank you VAF for your response!
I'm on my way back to Europe. I am potentially flying out in a few weeks to see an early RV6 for sale with an O320 and a catto 3 blade.

It's nice to see what is possible when not limited to certified aircraft.

Side note: anyone have guidance on doing prebuys on -6 and -7's, airframe-wise?

My thought on pre-buy is have an A&P look primarily at the firewall forward,
and have an RV builder look at the airframe. The 6 is mostly not pre-punched and so there's more room for some mistakes to be made. So I'd say someone who has built the earlier planes (6 and 4) would be better to look at the airframe.

As always the people inspecting should not know the current owner to avoid any conflict of interest. That usually means flying the plane elsewhere for inspection.

Back