What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for an RV-4 ride

Mike D

Well Known Member
Hi all,
I have started flying again and having loads of fun. So, now comes the part where I would like to buy an RV. I have had a ride in an RV-7A and loved it and this would be my ideal RV (side by side) but it is a little out of my price for now. There are some nice and affordable RV-4's and a few RV-6's out there for sale. I think the 4's and 8's look better but I have the feeling my wife would not like staring at the back of my head. (I have the thread on tandum vs. S by S) But I suspect 90-percent of the time I will be solo.

So I hope someone in the Houston area could show me their RV-4 and hopefully a short ride to see if the RV-4 would be a good fit for me.

My wife is very small under 5' and under 100lbs and I am under 6' and around 180lbs, so I am sure we will fit. The question is really to see if I like the tandem seat configuration and to talk about the in's and out's of RV-4 ownership.

My mission (I think) will be mostly time building, short hops and some light acro. But every once in a while I plan on some long X-country. (2,000 mi)

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hi Michael..

.....it's your wife that needs to sit in the rear. Mine just did, a couple of days ago and said, "only if I have to!! It feels like I'm in a hole back there."

This came about while I'm considering a Rocket buy, so it looks like the Rocket will be for me and the -6 for us. She said that that would work, because "I like you next to me." She also takes a bag along with books and such and there's no accessible place for it back there in the -4.

Regards,

Back