What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Informed Decision

Sad to hear but not unexpected. I don't see how anyone could bring such a design through to certification and production for less than $100M and probably a lot more than that. If you can't raise that much from the get go, little point in starting.

I hope the IP stays in the US and someone continues on with it.

Sad to hear but not unexpected. I don't see how anyone could bring such a design through to certification and production for less than $100M and probably a lot more than that. If you can't raise that much from the get go, little point in starting.

I hope the IP stays in the US and someone continues on with it.

Sad to see them go. I agree on funding. Need the bank-roll, and frankly even with an open wallet, a discounted cash-flow that says it's a worthwhile investment would be a challenge. The cash requirements are just too high for such a small market. Deltahawk *appears* to have the funding through the Ruud family to get theirs over the finish line, but the engine isn't going to be cheap. I seem to remember them saying they would sell a certified engine to the experimental market while they got STCs in place for certified aircraft. Standing by....

Back