What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Voice Command

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would like to use the voice command function in my GTN750xi.

The only reference I could find for a PTC button was pin 16 on a GMA35. I will be using a GMA245R but no reference for voice command unless I missed it.

I flew today in a Bonanza with a G3X and a GTN750 and it had voice commands. The audio panel was remote so I don’t know what model it had.

Any of you Garmin gurus know how I can trigger the 750 to turn on voice commands?

I would like to use the voice command function in my GTN750xi.

The only reference I could find for a PTC button was pin 16 on a GMA35. I will be using a GMA245R but no reference for voice command unless I missed it.

I flew today in a Bonanza with a G3X and a GTN750 and it had voice commands. The audio panel was remote so I don’t know what model it had.

Any of you Garmin gurus know how I can trigger the 750 to turn on voice commands?
Won’t work with your audio panel

You need a GMA350 or GMA35 remote audio panel.
The 35 dosent play with G3X only the 750.
I have a 350 and got it working. It also requires some configuration using the configuration software - which requires a custom usb to 3.5mm jack. Which is borderline unobtainable.
It’s very underwhelming. I certainly wouldn’t bother.
It’s no Siri or Alexa that’s for sure.
Maybe it doesn’t understand Aussie accents.

Last edited:
Awe come on guys. There has to be a work around. Pushing a PTC and closing a circuit on the GMA35 which tells the 750 to activate voice commands should be able to be accomplished by an alternative…….I think.

Haha. Yeah. Nothings ever as simple as it seems with airplanes.
I’d say part of the issue is that the telligence also operates the GMA as well. So it seems like it’s a package deal.
Maybe there’s a workaround where you may just get the GTN telligence features but I doubt it. The GMA has a serial connection to the GTN which I assume is where most of the magic is happening.

The voice recognition feature is built into the GMA 35/350 audio panel.

Personally I don't find it that compelling or useful, I wouldn't worry about it.

But Matt, I’ve got one open pin socket on my panel CPC connector and a PTC button would be a perfect use for it.

Guess I’ll close this chapter and finish up my wiring.

Back