What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin AERA 796 Memory Battery

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone

My Garmin 796 has been taking a longer time lately to acquire the Satellites and I suspect that the internal memory battery ( If there is actually one ) is getting weaker..
My question is how do I replace this battery??

I looked at the back side of my GPS and can't see any screws to open it so do I just pry the back cover open and how do I do this without breaking it..??

I will appreciate any info you may have..

Thanks

Bruno

There was a post here on VAF about 6 /8 months ago about changing the battery in a 696. Although the replacement battery required another P/N due to the original battery being not available. You might take a look at the search button and reproduce that results. I believe the gentleman who did this was from UK or FR and had a very good tutorial on the replacement.

I actually changed out the internal battery in a 396 MAP due to same problem and it works like new now.

Post a link

If you find it, can you post a link? Mine takes a while to acquire the satellites, so I might have the same issue.

Garmin 796 Internal memory battery

Gents

What I'm looking for is how to replace the ''Internal Memory Battery'' in my 796 not the Main Battery...

The main Battery is still working fine but I believe the Memory battery is getting weak and needs replacement..

Thanks

Bruno

Back