What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch + GDL39R + GTX23ES = occasional traffic failures?

kaa

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

Recently I started getting occasional traffic page failures, which I'm not quite sure how to debug.

I have dual G3X Touch displays, and GDL39R is connected to the MFD. Normally the traffic page looks like this:
attachment.php

However, sometimes it looks like this:
attachment.php

When this happens, GDL39 is still online:
attachment.php

Note that the traffic page says that the source of traffic is now GTX TIS-A, but there never any traffic data when this is the case.

Why does this happen? Should I just disable "TIS-A Traffic data" in the remote transponder configuration page? Or is there a way to use all traffic sources (GTX TIS-A never seems to work though for some reason).

Thanks!

Attachments

• good_traffic.jpg
    good_traffic.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 57
  • bad_traffic.jpg
    bad_traffic.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 50
  • bad_traffic_gdl39.jpg
    bad_traffic_gdl39.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 47
Looks exactly the same, thanks for pointing it out. I guess I could've searched better.

Maybe mods can merge the two threads.

Should I just disable "TIS-A Traffic data" in the remote transponder configuration page?

Yes, you should disable TIS-A traffic on the GTX 23ES configuration page since you have a great ADS-B traffic/weather receiver.

TIS-A traffic availability is VERY limited in the U.S. and is very low value compared to ADS-B traffic. You never want your G3X Touch system to use TIS-A traffic over ADS-B traffic and disabling TIS-A is the best way to assure this.

Steve

Last edited:
Back