What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X ACE Checklist Editor

marcalex

Hi friends,

I’m looking for a few beta testers for a G3X Checklist editor that I’ve been building. It’s a complement to Garmin’s offering, but this one works on an iPad or Mac. You’ll not only be testing the app, but also improving on the default checklist that it'll come with. Interested? Reply here or DM me with your email address. Teaser photo included, thanks!

Answering questions from a similar thread: It doesn’t run on Windows (there’s already a solution for that), and it's not a browser app because that skillset is not in my wheelhouse.

And PS - If you think this app is pretty slick, I’m a contract developer looking for work. Most definitely DM me.

Ace Editor.png

I’m in on a checklist like this proposes. I have two G3 X touches in my Bristell and would love to be a beta tester. I also use not only my iPhone 15 Pro but a iPad mini if necessary.

The first round of beta testers offered some good input, and I'm now looking for a few additional beta testers before deploying to the App Store. This is an easy to use Checklist Editor for the G3X that runs on the Mac (macOS 14 Sonoma) or an iPad (iPad OS 17.X). Just DM me with your email address and I'll shoot you details on the app. TIA.

Hello all ... I took a little hiatus from VAF to get some personal stuff in order (mission accomplished), and just compiled a release candidate for some final testing. I'm just waiting for Apple to approve today's build (might take a few hours or an overnight). If you don't already have an older beta version and haven't seen a PM from me today, PM me with your name and email address, and I'll include you with the beta.

Some beta testers have had confusion loading my beta app. Before accepting the beta invitation you need to go to the App Store on your device (iPad or Mac) and download Apple's free TestFlight App. This app manages beta apps, just like the App Store app manages production apps. Then when you click on the beta invite link in the email, TestFlight will open and allow you to download my beta app. Thanks to my testers 🏆

My G3X ACE Checklist Editor has been approved by Apple and is now in the iPad and Mac App stores. It’s an alternate solution to using Garmin’s Windows app to create G3X checklists, with a more modern and intuitive interface.

You can start with either the minimal checklist to build your own from scratch, or select the “typical” checklist as a starting point to begin your personal modifications. I’m planing on adding a library feature to share checklists with others, stay tuned.

Like this app? Please share with friends and on other forums. Not a big fan of the app? Tell me how I can make it better, I’m all ears.

And lastly … this is all available for the incredible low price of FREE. But download them soon, at some point I’m gonna charge a few bucks so I can pay my bills. You can find the app here … https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ace-editor/id6469464234

Last edited:
My G3X ACE Checklist Editor has been approved by Apple and is now in the iPad and Mac App stores. It’s an alternate solution to using Garmin’s Windows app to create G3X checklists, with a more modern and intuitive interface.

You can start with either the minimal checklist to build your own from scratch, or select the “typical” checklist as a starting point to begin your personal modifications. I’m planing on adding a library feature to share checklists with others, stay tuned.

Like this app? Please share with friends and on other forums. Not a big fan of the app? Tel me how I can make it better, I’m all ears.

And lastly … this is all available for the incredible low price of FREE. But download them soon, at some point I’m gonna charge a few bucks so I can pay my bills. You can find the app here … https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ace-editor/id6469464234
Thank you!

Any chance you can allow older versions of MacOS? I am running MacOS 13, and am unable to try this. Often targeting older versions doesn't involve much added code complexity or compromises. For the applications I develop, I generally try to target the lowest operating system possible to be accessible to the largest audience of users.

Ryan, I've been in your situation and totally appreciate the request. But that'd expand my testing matrix, which I just don't have the time or money to accomplish. App quality is my primary concern, and I can't expand to include older OSes without that additional testing. Sorry.

Back