What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flysto full flight analysis tool

Dan 57

Well Known Member
Discovered this online flight analysis tool a few months ago, and it is nothing but spectacular.

Flysto will not only show all your engine data, but also flight data, all of which can be replayed real time.
The amount of features offered is mind boggling, and it takes a few hours to realize the full potential of that program (at least for myself ;)). I will therefore not attempt describing all of the features, but just attach a couple of screen shots (all from my iPad mini) relating to a recent local flight.

And the best about Flysto? It is free (y)

IMG_6514.jpeg
IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6508.png

IMG_6515.jpeg
IMG_6518.jpeg
IMG_6519.jpeg
IMG_6511.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly it does not (yet) work with GRT, but seems to support all the more popular EFIS. I've discussed with the owner to get GRT included, and it's promised, but no date yet.

It's cool for sure. Yesterday , I went back to November of 2023 to review a flight and all the traffic detail was still there !

Anyone know how long out flight ADSB data is being archived ?

Sadly it does not (yet) work with GRT, but seems to support all the more popular EFIS. I've discussed with the owner to get GRT included, and it's promised, but no date yet.
I also sent them an email along with GRT files (FDL *and* DEMO) for them to use as a test case. No feedback yet.

I talked to them last week at the AERO Friedrichshafen trade show.
They're working on the AFS datalog integration. Me and others requested about 2 months ago.
So I guess GRT will only be a matter of time.
Business model is not clear yet, for now it's apparently a CEO of a big software company's child, conceived while/after learning to fly *G*

I talked to them last week at the AERO Friedrichshafen trade show.
They're working on the AFS datalog integration. Me and others requested about 2 months ago.
So I guess GRT will only be a matter of time.
Business model is not clear yet, for now it's apparently a CEO of a big software company's child, conceived while/after learning to fly *G*
I got a reply saying that they are looking into the GRT data that I sent them.

Great find and share Dan !!
A couple of weeks ago, I re-calibrated my AOA at Max Gross Weight (or very close to), without and with flaps...
Uploaded the data.
Pretty close to Van's numbers I would say.
Here are the screen shots.
Fun to explore different parameters and instructive also...
Capture d’écran, le 2024-04-23 à 10.05.39.pngCapture d’écran, le 2024-04-23 à 10.05.54.png

I was wondering...

Today was pretty nice around here, and I couldn't resist hoping the Alps, lunch at the usual pizza joint at Locarno LSZL, and fly back. On the return flight I flew some aerobatics and had a look at the results now.

FlySto recognised a Loop as a flight manoeuvre, well done 😎

loop1-png.61427
loop2.png

Attachments

• loop1.png
    loop1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 185
  • loop2.png
    loop2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
The linked YT vid has no music, most probably due to the lo 1Hz res of my Garmin avionics, and the resulting cockpit view is kinda jagged. Shown are a roll-of-the-top loop followed by another loop and 2 rolls, all good fun and smoother than shown here.
Viewer discretion is required as I will not be held responsible for anyone turning 🤢, or worse, covering their surroundings with 🤮

I'm really enjoying the Flysto but it loads all the previous flights as well as the newest flight from my Dynon data export. I have to keep going back and erasing all the duplicate flights. Anyone know an answer to only load the last flight?

Anyone know an answer to only load the last flight?
bit weird... I can upload flights which have already been uploaded before, but those will be automatically discarded, and the amount of "duplicates" shown in the upload info window. So only the new files are being kept.

Not sure how dynon presents the files, but if it creates a data log folder, selecting by date and uploading only the new ones is doable, no?
You could also email them at [email protected], they are quite responsive (y)

I've been using this to look at flights I did at the West Coast Formation Clinic. It doesn't recognize the lazy 8s and other figures we do, but I would't expect it to. What I found interesting was the traffic data. With 60+ airplanes operating all over the place in groups of 2, 3, and 4, the traffic data was useful in seeing how various flights go around, especially when launching and recovering at the airport. Pretty accurate, too, from my recollection.

Back