What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlightAware vs Flightradar24

Is there a reason that my flight track shows up on FlightAware but I never see it on Flightradar?
I think flight radar will show you while in flight.. not after the fact,. Have one of your buddies look you up while in flight and see if you are there.

FlightAware appears to show UAT ADS-B out. FlightRadar24 typically has Mode S ADS-B out for the past 7-days unless you pay a subscription fee.

I like FlightRadar24 best to track friends that have Mode S ADS-B out but like FlightAware better to track friends that have UAT ADS-B out.

FlightAware appears to show UAT ADS-B out. FlightRadar24 typically has Mode S ADS-B out for the past 7-days unless you pay a subscription fee.

I like FlightRadar24 best to track friends that have Mode S ADS-B out but like FlightAware better to track friends that have UAT ADS-B out.
FlightAware has a vast network of private ADSB receivers feeding them data whereas I believe FlightRadar relies mainly on FAA input from ADSB towers.

Back