What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview Fuel Quantity inaccurate

glentillery

I'm New Here
My Dynon fuel quantity only shows 15 gallons per side when I fill the tanks to 21 gallons. The indications seem to come down accurately once the actual fuel level in the tank equals 15 gallons or less. How do I get the Dynon to show 21 gallons when the tank is actually full?

What kind of fuel sensors do you have (floats or capacitance)?

You should be able to adjust the voltage values by using the fuel level calibration.

SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION > FUEL TANK xxx CALIBRATION > (one more right click) and follow the on-screen instructions to perform the fuel level calibration.

On my RV-9A and with the fuel senders near the root of the wing the sending unit full fuel level reaches max height at least 4 gallons prior to tank actually being full due to the dihedral of the wing, inboard lower that outboard. No fix for that that I can see.

If you have the standard float type senders, you can't. Dihedral in the wings results in the floats, located in the wing root, reaching the top of their travel at around 15 gallons. From there up, when calibrating the system, you'll find that the resistance doesn't change. It can't as the floats are fully up.

It's a bit of work, but it can be done by installing an additional sender (floats assumed) in the outer bay of each wing tank and then connect the two senders in series to the Dynon and perform the calibration.

Back