What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CGR30P/CGR30C experimental purchase pirep -- $600 rebate!

SwimmingDragonfly96

Well Known Member
Hey All,

I haven't installed or even received my unit yet, but I had to go through a few email chains with people from avionics shops and EI to figure out what I would be getting. I thought I'd save anyone interested the trouble and share my experience.

Well, turns out if you get the combo, you literally get everything. I'm getting sensors, probes, and everything else I need to display 29 parameters for a purchase price of $2600 minus a $600 rebate for the month of November. So yes, $2000 for a 29 parameter custom designed engine monitor with all sensors included. The CGR is quite the beautiful display, many people praise its functionality, and EI has top notch customer support. I'm thinking this will be a JPI killer?

That's all, just thought I would share this excellent deal!

Been flying with EI almost since the beginning (still original EGT probes!)
The CGR30 replaced my MVP50 when I needed to make room for another screen.
Great product, and great company.

i-JgCjGVC-XL.jpg

Hey All,

I haven't installed or even received my unit yet, but I had to go through a few email chains with people from avionics shops and EI to figure out what I would be getting. I thought I'd save anyone interested the trouble and share my experience.

Well, turns out if you get the combo, you literally get everything. I'm getting sensors, probes, and everything else I need to display 29 parameters for a purchase price of $2600 minus a $600 rebate for the month of November. So yes, $2000 for a 29 parameter custom designed engine monitor with all sensors included. The CGR is quite the beautiful display, many people praise its functionality, and EI has top notch customer support. I'm thinking this will be a JPI killer?

That's all, just thought I would share this excellent deal!

$ 2600 bucks...and $ 600 rebate...WOW.

Is this the EI - CGR-30 Combo ? They are typically North of $ 5500.

Thanks for posting. Is the combo a package with two instruments - both cgr30p & cgr30c? Also, did you order direct from EI or an outside vender?
Appreciated!

Thanks for posting. Is the combo a package with two instruments - both cgr30p & cgr30c? Also, did you order direct from EI or an outside vender?
Appreciated!

Yes, the 30P/30C combo. I tried ordering from EI originally but they told me they're more expensive so I ended up ordering with Sarasota Avionics.

Are you able to copy/paste any of your comms detailing which probes are included with the combo?

At a minimum, I would hope the usual suspects- CHTs, EGTS, OP/OT, etc...

.....but what about MP, RPM, Volts, Amps, OAT, fuel flow, etc.

$2,000 all in for the display and ALL probes is a great deal!

Thanks!!

R121

Back