What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BMC Portal Password

rsr3

Well Known Member
I received a link today where I am supposed to be able to accept new pricing or decline the offer for a FWF kit that I now no longer require. (It was a speculative enquiry that they set up as an order - no deposit or payment made).

I need a password to login and the forgotten password button does not seem to send me a link. Is the password something generic that I may be able to figure out?

Thanks!

I think I had to set up an account of my own in order to access my orders. There wasn't a way to log in without having set up an account - you might just need to do that.

Thanks Matt. I just tried to set up an account, will see what happens with that!

I think I had to set up an account of my own in order to access my orders. There wasn't a way to log in without having set up an account - you might just need to do that.

Hi there.
I am having the same issue. Where do you set up the account? I have one at the Vans Store, is it that one or a different one? If different, can you share a link?

Thanks

I received a link today where I am supposed to be able to accept new pricing or decline the offer for a FWF kit that I now no longer require. (It was a speculative enquiry that they set up as an order - no deposit or payment made).

I need a password to login and the forgotten password button does not seem to send me a link. Is the password something generic that I may be able to figure out?

Thanks!

Would you please report back here just how much (percentage-wise) that they jacked up the FWF kit? Most of that kit is 3rd party items, I believe, and I wonder if they're using the same blanket increase as other kits. (At some point it will become cheaper to source all the FWF stuff separately. Or maybe it already is???)

Last edited:
Firewall forward kits are not included in the BMC portal list (except for a few that may have been attached to another kit order).

FWF orders represent more of a complex parts order than a standard airframe kit order. We call it a "kit" since it's an assembly of parts, but in reality it's a discounted, bundled parts order.

Any price adjustments to FWF kits are smaller than on the airframe kits. Most of the parts in the FWF orders are 3rd party, rather than Van's-produced parts.

This is the only BMC linked page I can find where the option to create an account is given: https://identity.smartexchange.com/crp/#/signup

I have tried and failed again to gain access to the portal - no email received regarding either a password reset or a sign up for a new account. Nothing in junk/spam folder either.

Greg, this email does indeed only concern an enquiry about a standalone FWF kit. Van’s answered my email enquiry with “this is the price, order is ready to go - just advise which credit card to charge”. I did not pursue the order as it was merely an enquiry. For what it is worth, I ordered essential bits individually. My concern is that if you use the same portal to come back to me regarding my engine order I will not be able to confirm or decline. Please can you look into this? If you PM me I will send you my details. Thanks.

Jimbob- FWF kit, 7 with M1B prior to increase: $8900
From the online store, post increase: $10920
22.9% increase.

Hi Greg,

I am in the same boat. Please advise how to get access to the portal.

This is the only BMC linked page I can find where the option to create an account is given: https://identity.smartexchange.com/crp/#/signup

I have tried and failed again to gain access to the portal - no email received regarding either a password reset or a sign up for a new account. Nothing in junk/spam folder either.

Greg, this email does indeed only concern an enquiry about a standalone FWF kit. Van’s answered my email enquiry with “this is the price, order is ready to go - just advise which credit card to charge”. I did not pursue the order as it was merely an enquiry. For what it is worth, I ordered essential bits individually. My concern is that if you use the same portal to come back to me regarding my engine order I will not be able to confirm or decline. Please can you look into this? If you PM me I will send you my details. Thanks.

Jimbob

Is the new pricing retroactive? I don’t mind BTW.

I placed an order for a FWF set of components in November. The items shipped on December 6.

The Sales Order number showed up on the BMC/Van’s recent email. I too am unable to log in to the portal to see what’s there.

Pete

Has anyone successfully solved the login issue? I'm struggling to gain access to the portal but don't receive any email. Not in the junk folder, just nothing. Getting nervous as time is running out. Any helpful suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I got a call from Greg over the weekend and he sent out an email to activate the account. Sounds like Van's has to actively do something for each customer. I think my email to [email protected] was the right tickler.

Has anyone successfully solved the login issue? I'm struggling to gain access to the portal but don't receive any email. Not in the junk folder, just nothing. Getting nervous as time is running out. Any helpful suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
First, the "create account" link sent from Vans never worked. What I did was go to the login page and click on the "reset password" link then was able to create my account by resetting it, go figure, but it worked :) Also note that this portal is very browser sensitive and I could not get it to work on firefox but chrome seemed to work ok.

Link to reset password (setup account): https://identity.smartexchange.com/crp/#/login

The really odd thing is that when you log in, the landing page is the page to update personal profile but thats all you can do. If you actually want to see your current order and price increases, use this URL to login:
https://vansaircraft.smartexchange.com/portal/orders/s4/orders

As a reference point, my RV-14 quickbuild wing kit increased from $23008 to $29716 and my quickbuild fuselage kit increased from $24,308 to $37,663.

Hope this helps

First, the "create account" link sent from Vans never worked. What I did was go to the login page and click on the "reset password" link then was able to create my account by resetting it, go figure, but it worked :) Also note that this portal is very browser sensitive and I could not get it to work on firefox but chrome seemed to work ok.

Link to reset password (setup account): https://identity.smartexchange.com/crp/#/login

The really odd thing is that when you log in, the landing page is the page to update personal profile but thats all you can do. If you actually want to see your current order and price increases, use this URL to login:
https://vansaircraft.smartexchange.com/portal/orders/s4/orders

As a reference point, my RV-14 quickbuild wing kit increased from $23008 to $29716 and my quickbuild fuselage kit increased from $24,308 to $37,663.

Hope this helps
Has anyone tried the above that has an engine kit only on order to see if anything is waiting for you. I dont want to create an account before asked and screw something up but perhaps someone’s tried it.

When I go to https://cases.creditorinfo.com/vansaircraft and hit the login button, I get a window asking for email and then password. Entering that info I get a momentary popup saying something like "Oops, we're experiencing technical problems" and then the system recycles back to asking for my email. I've successfully gone through the password reset process.

The above is using Firefox, but on Edge it is essentially the same behavior... I just don't see the popup.

I was able to do the reorder process, so maybe there isn't anything on the portal anymore???

When I go to https://cases.creditorinfo.com/vansaircraft and hit the login button, I get a window asking for email and then password. Entering that info I get a momentary popup saying something like "Oops, we're experiencing technical problems" and then the system recycles back to asking for my email. I've successfully gone through the password reset process.

The above is using Firefox, but on Edge it is essentially the same behavior... I just don't see the popup.

I was able to do the reorder process, so maybe there isn't anything on the portal anymore???
The link to the reorder portal is https://vansaircraft.smartexchange.com/portal

The creditorinfo.com site you linked to above is a site with information about the bankruptcy, but it is not the site on which your modified orders are presented. The login there is not the same. Hope that helps.

Has anyone tried the above that has an engine kit only on order to see if anything is waiting for you. I dont want to create an account before asked and screw something up but perhaps someone’s tried it.
Engine orders are not yet posted on the re-order portal but will be in the next few days. When they are posted there, you will receive an email with a link to the website. Until an account is created for your orders on this site, there is not a way to log in. So, if you have not yet received an invitation to the portal please wait until you do, and you can register to log in at that time.

Back