What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AML34 rocker switch questions

mc607

Well Known Member
1) I’d like to wire the LED lights on my AML34 rocker switches so they only come on when the switch is closed. I‘m aware of the down side but I’m ok with the trade off. I have an LED light strip under the glare shield. Will the attached diagram work to accomplish this?
2) Plan b is to use the unoccupied half of the switch to open and close the ground circuit for a discrete. The active low discrete would be grounded when the switch was on. I would use plan b for the Pitot and Fuel pump and leave lights wired normally to one of the PWM circuits. Your thoughts on plan b are also welcome.
Garmin with G3X, GAD 27
Thank you,
Todd

Attachments

• 20240320_185748.jpeg
    20240320_185748.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 28
1) I’d like to wire the LED lights on my AML34 rocker switches so they only come on when the switch is closed. I‘m aware of the down side but I’m ok with the trade off. I have an LED light strip under the glare shield. Will the attached diagram work to accomplish this?
2) Plan b is to use the unoccupied half of the switch to open and close the ground circuit for a discrete. The active low discrete would be grounded when the switch was on. I would use plan b for the Pitot and Fuel pump and leave lights wired normally to one of the PWM circuits. Your thoughts on plan b are also welcome.
Garmin with G3X, GAD 27
Thank you,
Todd
1. Yes
2. Yes but note that a few (2 if memory serves) of the discrete pins float down to low when not connected to anything so make sure you pick pins that float to high when not connected to anything, or you will have to add pull up resistors.

Derek

1. Yes
2. Yes but note that a few (2 if memory serves) of the discrete pins float down to low when not connected to anything so make sure you pick pins that float to high when not connected to anything, or you will have to add pull up resistors.

Derek
Thank you Derek!

Back