What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Accessory Case Bolts

joew

Well Known Member
Education is taking place for me today. I was installing my SD20 stby alternator, it would not fit due to a 3” extension on my 90 degree oil filter adapter sold to me from Titan. Some of the great folks on the site suggested I remove the extension and just use the adapter. It looks like it would work fine.

Measured the bolts from the oil filter assy- they appear to be AN4, but wait- the treads are coarse. I reviewed the Lycoming parts manua and found two separate bolts that may be used. Both 1/4-20 x .075 or 1.0 coarse thread. One was a LW-25-.075 the other was a STD 1856 screw. Ugh.

Which do I choose? Would a 1/4-20 engine bolt from Spruce suffice? I removed a bolt from the assy, so I’d like to replace with the same. Does it need to be a Lycoming part, though the engine is a Titan. I couldn’t access Titans part manual without a login.

My engine is a IOX-360-J4D1T8

You can use the engine bolts from Aircraft Spruce (MS20074-04, 1/4-20) at the appropriate grip length for your application. Consider AS a reputable source.

Alternatively, the Lycoming STD1856 or STD1874 (different lengths) works but less selection and higher price.

Check your PMs.

Last edited:
Superios STD1215 bolt, 1/4-20 by 1-1/4 inches long.
Part# 07-00001
MFR Model# SL-STD-1215

Good luck

Back