What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A message for RV builders from Dynon's Robert Hamilton

Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
The world of experimental aircraft builders is a small one. I’ve met many of you at Oshkosh and other shows over the years, and I know the commitment it takes to build and maintain your own airplane. When some of us have misfortune, it is felt by all of us. We’re in this together.

The difficulties that Van's has experienced over the last six months is known to us. We have seen the effects through decreased sales to RV builders, and know the pain firsthand from our own employees who are in the process of building RVs.

My message today is simple: We want to help.

Therefore, we are offering a special discount to those builders who are directly affected by the change in pricing on aircraft kits they had previously put deposits on.

If you are one of these customers and purchase certain Dynon and Advanced Flight Systems products between January 30, 2024 and the end of Sun ‘n Fun (April 15, 2024), we will rebate you 5% to help out. Because we know that some kit lead times may be longer than usual, we will also warrant these products for an additional year (4 years, instead of the usual 3).

We will need documentation from you showing proof that you are an affected customer.

I am sure there are ways to game this, but we are asking you not to do so, and work with us to fairly share the cost with those who are directly affected.

We are experimental builders and owners here at Dynon, and our goal has always been to help make it affordable for anyone and everyone who wants to fly. That is our mission, and has been for 24 years.

For full details about this program, please visit this page.

Robert Hamilton
President, Dynon

Last edited:
Robert
Thank you as well. Curious what type of documentation you would require.

Dennis

THIS IS TOP NOTCH! Thank you for doing this! Now if other mans would do this (if they legitimately can with finances). I commend you guys for stepping up Dynon. I’ll admit, I don’t have any Dynon hardware, but I can sure as heck tell you if I were to do it again, you guys would be receiving my order. Bravo!

As someone who decided to go with a full Dynon panel for my build a few years back, one of the big reasons was I believed that the company was made of good people (having spoken to customer service and reading about others' interactions as well). This type of action fully supports my decision. Even though I won't benefit from these discounts, I'm still glad that I can say I support this company through having chosen a Dynon panel!

First rate offer by a first rate supplier. That is why we flew behind Dynon from the start and bought Dynon when we upgraded the panel 13 years later.

That type of gesture is very telling and likely swings the pendulum in their favor with regard to the direction I go with my panel. Good stuff!

Gosh,
I’ve flown Dynon on my IFR panel for the last 8+ years because of:
1) the SkyView software/pilot interface.
2) its ability to interface with the Garmin GTN-650 (through the SkyView ARINC module).
3) and couple up the Dynon autopilots for a nearly-coupled approach (minus autothrottles).

Fantastic avionics…

…supported by an OUTSTANDING company.

Not affected by Vans current situation as I have a flying -7, with a D10A and AP, however, with commitment to the industry like this it will be Dynon when the time comes to replace/upgrade.

Good on you Mr. Hamilton and the entire Dynon team!

Much appreciated!

Putting in a full Dynon panel on the 6A currently. The process has been very easy with many dumb questions answered by Support along the way.

Definitely installing Dynon/AFS into the 10 build! May go ahead and order components even though I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet.

Outstanding support!
not at all a surprise to me, been flying all Dynon from the beginning, and all support and transactions have been great. Their documentation has been thorough, up-to-date and readable. Their AFS merger brought more great choices smoothly together.

They have been a steady and reliable force in the Experimental marketplace, and this commitment to Van’s is evidence of their faith in this recovery. They are a steadfast partner you can fly with.

An all too rare ray of financial and customer service sunshine. Kudos to Dynon, and may their leadership be an example to others.

I dunno....my experience with the aviation reseller space has been pretty positive, especially the Experimental segment. Not to take anything away from Dynon's extraordinary show of support, but I think good customer support tends to be the rule in this arena.

It is great to see fellow suppliers in our market make an effort to soften the blow for those folks affected by the Vans problem.

I think sometimes we think we are a segment of the aviation community that is perhaps isolated from the rest of GA. This is one of the gestures that assures us we are a unique and tight-knit community that manufactures see as a very valuable market. Many of the advances made in the aviation industry stem from the leading-edge innovations from the E AB community. THANK YOU, DYNON! We, as a community, appreciate your keeping us on your radar and your amazing support! WE are all in this TOGETHER which is the only way we can move forward.

Thumbs up to Dynon. Great products, great people. Been a Dynon customer for just over 12 years and no regrets. Will go the same route for the next planes.

Back