What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6A inspection

Rv6mike

my 6a turns 27 in June. Are there any areas I should pay special attention to. So far passing with flying colors. Tt 800

my 6a turns 27 in June. Are there any areas I should pay special attention to. So far passing with flying colors. Tt 800
Has the condition inspection been done by the same person every year?

My biggest recommendation is to have a different inspector look at the airplane. Different people will see different things.

My biggest recommendation is to have a different inspector look at the airplane. Different people will see different things.
Mel, I built the airplane and have many others look at it while it was open, nly one problem found and that was 20 years ago. IT WAS MY 2nd 6a build

In case you don't already have it, Vic Syracuse' Maintenance Handbook for RV Series Aircraft is a great guide for any inspection, regardless of age.
(Not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.)

800 tt in 27 years, that's less than 30 hrs per year on average. I'd suggest the pilot needs to pay special attention to flying her more often!

Totally agree, I have found things wrong in RV's that have been that way for 25+ years. Built wrong from day 1.

Totally agree, I have found things wrong in RV's that have been that way for 25+ years. Built wrong from day 1.
Oh tell me about it.
I have an 2001 RV-6A that I had to replace the rudder cable links because The original builder and who ever inspected it after didn't realize you couldn't even get half deflection of the right rudder. And was a bit shy on the left side. Good thing the guy didn't need anymore right rudder.
All because he didn't put in the correct length of links on the attachments to the pedals.
How it got through so many inspections and still was wrong
My luck varies FIXIT

Back