What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4/30 DFW Fly-out (Corpus Christi)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
SATURDAY
A few of us are in the air at 0730 bound for Corpus Christi Int. to rent a car (van?) and then off to maybe a brunch before going out to the USS Lexington for a tour. http://www.usslexington.com

Back same day.

Meet up on 122.75 at 0730 if you can make it.

B,

Last edited:
Cc

Doug,

Which FBO are you going to use and about what time do you think you'll be here in CC? I'd love to meet up with whoever comes.

Brian Carter

Hey Brian!

Don't know which FBO we'll use - I guess whichever one is closes to the Hertz stand (we're gonna need a Van as there are going to be about six of us).

Of course, if you have a van we'll buy your tour and lunch :) .

We're wheels up at 52F at 0730 and it's a 2hr 6min flight, so 9:45ish?

B,

Corpus Christi

Sorry to say I wished I had seen this earlier , I was asked to work overtime
tomorrow, I could have picked yall up at the airport, and my one of my
best of friends works on the the lex, I get to see parts that no one sees.. :)
I know I am new to your forms but I have lived here in Corpus my whole life
and would have enjoyed meeting ya.. I might come over to meet yall anyway but I will have to return to work so I can hang out or anything.. I need the money though, just started my rv9a finnish kit, if your still in town in the afternoon I would beg yall to come see my project and give me some pointers
I can't find anyone else to come and look, or make suggestions.. I know of two rv guys.. one completed he seems to busy to come see and the other has been very helpfull.. just lives a ways away..

Danny..

Still on?

Does anyone know if the DFW guys coming to CC got out? Did they cancel, postpone, any ideas? Thanks!

I can't say FOR SURE, although, I am only about 20-miles from their departure point. Nice weather here, even since their estimated departure time. A little wind, but nothing major.

If I were to be placing bets, I'd say they did leave, and by now (12:00 noon CST) they should already have been there for a few hours.???? :confused:

Back home.

Weather was NO GO at departure time for Corpus, so we went to Lubbock and toured the WWII Silent Wings glider museum at KLBB. Great museum! Then we visited the Vietnam memorial south of town and our own Rick Freeman was interviewed by a Lubbock TV crew for over 15 minutes. The guy is a TRUE AMERICAN.

OK, right now we are GO for a trip to Corpus SUNDAY (this Sunday) to tour the Lex. We are wheels up 0730 and it is a 2+ hr flight.

Any chance at a pickup/drive to the boat for around 7 guys would be repaid with lunch and many thank you's <grin>. Otherwise it's a rental.

I'll check up here this evening a coupla times and again in the morning before I head to the airport.

B,

Back