DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
....getting it started. WX here in N.TX starting out w/lowering ceilings and TSRA in the near future. Bleh!
v/r,dr

IMG_0040.jpeg

My dad and I flew into Bar Ten on our tour of the Southwest.

Sedona, AZ (KSEZ) visit

My bucket list has always included a landing at Sedona, Arizona’s “aircraft carrier” runway. Unfortunately, it’s still on the list as we had to airline there and back due to schedule constraints. But since we were staying within a mile of the airport, I just had to visit as a “preflight” to my future flight there.

As I walked into the lobby, a couple of guys came through the airport-side of the FBO, and as it turns out they were RV-10 pilots. They had diverted for weather and were looking for a briefing. The RV-10 was fresh from the paint shop, had 30 hours on it, and the pilots were rightfully being cautious with a new aircraft flying through what turned out to be some very rough weather.

What I love about RV-ing, and flying in general, was the ease with which fellow pilots talk to each other, as though we had known each other for years. My spirits were raised.

The Red Rock FBO staff at Sedona, Doug and Jill, couldn’t have been nicer as I asked about tie-down rates, hangarage, etc. Doug said, let me take you on a tour and we hopped into the airport truck and drove the site. Unbelievable views. The photos below are beyond words. “Must be tough to work around here with such a terrible view,” I joked.

Doug emphasized that before you fly in, view the video on the airport website https://sedonaairport.org/ or on YouTube
regarding procedures. The airport has its challenges and restrictions. Especially noteworthy is operations using both ends of the runway on calm days due to a 1.8 degree slope. Takeoff from runway 21 if possible (downslope) and land on runway 3 (upslope). Definitely call in and monitor the non-controlled frequency. Here’s the AirNAv link for airport information: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KSEZ

Enjoy some photos here.

Chris

RV-10 fresh from the paint shop and headed for Tennessee.

Looking down Runway 21 from departure end. The illusion of a short runway has fooled many flyers. It’s the 1.8 degree slope that tricks the eye.

Red Rock FBO

Sedona%20AP%20Rwy%203%20hold%20short%20view-L.jpg

View from Runway 3 departure end

West%20Sedona%20AP%202%20view-L.jpg

Sedona%20AP%20south%20view-L.jpg

Sedona%20AP%20overview-L.jpg

Views from various parts of the runway upon the Mesa.

Last edited:
A little troubleshooting and data card updates…..
Just got back from a week in the Bahamas (Marsh Harbour). Had a wonderful time there. First time visit in GA plane. Super easy process. Great trip and great memories!!! Everyone exhausted on flight home :sleep:

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2167.jpeg
    IMG_2167.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2197.jpeg
    IMG_2197.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9531.jpeg
    IMG_9531.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 95
fuel run between storm fronts…. Oh wait, a pop up storm cloud. Divert!

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Friday evening the NYPD rang my doorbell to perform a “wellness check” because someone reported hearing “strange noises” from my house. I had been riveting my fuel tanks a few hours earlier. Did someone think my rivet gun was a machine gun? :ROFLMAO:

Flew 1532NM across Australia.😂

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • Port Pirie Hanger.jpg
    Port Pirie Hanger.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Port Pirie.jpg
    Port Pirie.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Ceduna.jpg
    Ceduna.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Landing at Forrest.jpg
    Landing at Forrest.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Kalgoorlie gold mine.jpg
    Kalgoorlie gold mine.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 45
Did a 4 day trip from MEM area to Wilmington, NC and back for a wedding.

Stopped at Peach State Aerodrome (GA2) for lunch at Barnstormers. They’re selling lots for hangarminiums for anyone interested.
IMG_6694.jpeg

USS North Carolina
IMG_1845.jpeg

Wedding
IMG_1852.jpeg