I am shooting two stage automotive urathane on my interior. Naturally, I need to touch up a few spots.

I’d compromise some quality for ease of cleaning. I’m not opposed to harbor freight and the like.

What do you guys use?

I've been using this HF touch-up gun for many, many years and never had a problem with it.

Detail Paint Sprayer Gun - Pattern and Fluid Control Handheld Sprayer w/ 8-ounce Anti-Drip Canister (Campbell Hausfeld DH550000AV)​

I have a CHEAP Harbor Freight HVLP spray gun that works great for the painting that I do. I subscribe to the YouTube Channel Paint Society and have gotten a lot of good tips and product recommendations from Brian. I have recently purchased a 3M starter system that Brian recommended. That starter system also needs the correct adaptor for your spray gun. A few months back, Brian had a low cost but what he thought was good for an amateur painter Low Volume Low Pressure spray gun. It has been on my wish list but I have not purchased or tried it yet. I have switched to a lot of the same products that Brian uses on his channel for paint prep.

Last edited:
I have a Badger 250-4 that I occasionally use for small jobs. Uses much less paint/overspray/air compared to a automotive gun.

I have two touch up guns from Devilbiss. One I’ve had since new and the other I got off of ebay for cheap. A big plus for jobs that could be in a tight space is 3m pps cups. They don’t leak and you can spray with the gun at any angle.

I have two touch up guns from Devilbiss. One I’ve had since new and the other I got off of ebay for cheap. A big plus for jobs that could be in a tight space is 3m pps cups. They don’t leak and you can spray with the gun at any angle.
You should pay attention to what Bandera says. He paints airplanes full time & has done more RV’s than you can count …

HFS

HF has a cheap touch-up gun for around $15 or so. It's pretty good, spraying Stewart's EcoPoxy, anyway. Used it for the interior of my RV-3B project.

This one.

Dave

If you are using 2 stage automotive paint you can normally also buy mixed aerosol cans for touch up work, I have been surprised how long the shelf life is for the cans if you keep them in a controlled environment.
Figs

I've been using a cheap airbrush from Menard's. Depending on how large an area you have, it's quite useful. Downside, it has a problem if you need to turn the brush/gun at a high angle or upside down. I've used this to do really small jobs through out the build. I run primer or paint though it and it does a decent job. I hook it up to my 60 gallon air compressor and reduce pressure with a regulator. 5 minute cleanup, cheap, reusable, gets in tight spots, and can be adjusted to put out almost nothing which reduces masking. Holds about 1 to 1.5 ounces. Link below:

Air Brush From Menard's

Are the ones you use the DeVilbiss 802405?

What kind of 3M cups do you use?
Thanks,
Paul

What kind of 3M cups do you use?
Thanks,
Paul
I use the 22 oz cups for a lot of jobs. The 6 oz cups are great for small jobs or when I need the gun to be compact as possible. Part number 16000 for the bigger liners and 16114 for the smaller ones

I use the 22 oz cups for a lot of jobs. The 6 oz cups are great for small jobs or when I need the gun to be compact as possible. Part number 16000 for the bigger liners and 16114 for the smaller ones

I got no dog in this hunt, but 16000 and 16114 are 3M PPS 1.0 series and the previous link was 3M PPS 2.0. If memory serves, they are not compatible with each other.
I could be wrong.
Personally, I use the 1.0 version and 16114 for everything except big jobs for the reason mentioned. Makes for a more compact gun.

I got no dog in this hunt, but 16000 and 16114 are 3M PPS 1.0 series and the previous link was 3M PPS 2.0. If memory serves, they are not compatible with each other.
I could be wrong.
Personally, I use the 1.0 version and 16114 for everything except big jobs for the reason mentioned. Makes for a more compact gun.
You are correct, sir.

With the number of guns that I have set up with the 1.0 version it just didn’t make sense to me to change to the 2.0 version.

I am shooting two stage automotive urathane on my interior. Naturally, I need to touch up a few spots.

I’d compromise some quality for ease of cleaning. I’m not opposed to harbor freight and the like.

What do you guys use?
In reality almost any gun will do on the inside. Try to get one that you can tip over cause there are a lot of areas needing almost upside down and sideways.
But my luck varies FIXIT

What do you guys use? ....title of post. "Touch up airbrush/small gun?"
If the area that needs touch up is smaller than 2"in diameter, then use an airbrush..... clean and easy.