Still working on the post-migration punch list. Lotta stuff.
Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend.
v/r,dr

POSTS & NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE:
---------------------------------------
Kay in his 8A ...dr
Taking off from 52F (my home field). Just happened to be at the right place at the right time, stopped the car and got out with my iphone. It's amazing what you can do now with a phone camera. I like the shadow and the reflections off the top of the wing on the fuse. Looks like he's holding in a little right rudder with the up elevator.
IMG_3025.jpg

Procedure documentation for first engine start ...12
(bbaggerman)
SI-912-016 has this chart for coolant...
50 / 50 mix is recommended. I use the Prestone DEX-COOL 50/50. It is the orange stuff and is easy to find at my local auto parts store. I don't know where to get YACCO!
As for oil, it's pretty much just AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4. I understand there are high quality motorcycle oils that meet the standard but there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to go that route. Any oil in this engine needs to be able to withstand the wear it will get in gearbox.
For engine fluids, those two are the biggies.
VAFDR_ 84 Jan. 18.jpg

'What's New' Icon on your iPhone
Look for either of these symbols. They both show you 'what's new'.
VAFDR_ 88 Jan. 18.jpg

Vernier throttle broken pushbutton
The pushbutton on my vernier throttle broke today. Perhaps age and the arctic blast made it brittle. I do not know the manufacturer of this cable. It still works fine despite the broken button. Any suggestions where a replacement pushbutton may be found? Or am I likely going to have to replace the entire control cable?
VAFDR_ 87 Jan. 18.jpg

User Title Ladder ...dr
Some have asked why their username has a little description under it (I'm New Here, Member, Active Member, etc). It has to do with the number of posts you have made. Here's a graphic which breaks them down - the defaults in the software. v/r,dr
VAFDR_ 86 Jan. 18.jpg

And this issue's Off Topic:
VAFDR_ 85 Jan. 18.jpg