PhatRV

Well Known Member
Patron
I am looking for an aerobatic CFI to teach me how to perform aerobatic maneuvers and get signed off with spins at the same time.

Let me know if you know the reputable CFIs in the SoCal area.

Thanks.

There are several. Depending on how serious you want to get. Since I did not see Sean Tucker on the list, he is listed separate. There are many more that would be good for basic acrobatics.

Benjamin at mb thrill squadron At EMT. He has a decathalon he teaches in but made my 6a after 25 years made it do that I had no clue. He is familiar with the rv. 626-825-5266
mike

Recommend CP at Santa Paula. Citabria and Decathlon. Aero box near by.
Also heard Ron Rapp at Sunrise at Santa Ana, but no personal experience with him.

There are several. Depending on how serious you want to get. Since I did not see Sean Tucker on the list, he is listed separate. There are many more that would be good for basic acrobatics.

I'm glad there's an aerobatic specific list! That one might be a bit out of date. For example, Bruce Williams doesn't have his Extra anymore, and 5g is out of business altogether. Sunrise Aviation at SNA provides aerobatic training, though I'm not sure if they do it in E-AB airplanes. Insurance sometimes drives these things.

Also heard Ron Rapp at Sunrise at Santa Ana, but no personal experience with him.

Hmmm, he sounds fishy!

Just kidding. Primary issue might be the 1600 lb aerobatic gross weight limit. I'm 200 lbs. But the OP is welcome to get in touch with me. Fwiw I'm not working at Sunrise anymore, but they'd be another source for aerobatic instruction. That's where I taught and learned.

--Ron