FlyinTed

I own two Microair 760 Com Radios and both of them no longer are in working condition. I would like to get one of these radios repaired but do not have a source. I am looking for avionics shop that has the ability to repair Microair Com radios? I believe that Microair is no longer in business so that service is not available.

Ted Gauthier, RV-6
Pontiac, Michigan

I own two Microair 760 Com Radios and both of them no longer are in working condition. I would like to get one of these radios repaired but do not have a source. I am looking for avionics shop that has the ability to repair Microair Com radios? I believe that Microair is no longer in business so that service is not available.

Ted Gauthier, RV-6
Pontiac, Michigan

I had a couple of Microair 760s repaired by this guy. He did good work at reasonable price. All I have left is his phone number (814) 882 2855. All he works on is Microair.

I have one sitting on the shelf, its tuner is a bit flaky. I called him a few years ago, he can fix some of them depending on which version they are. mine is a first version like serial number 11, and he said that he could not fix it. parts were just not available for it. but give him a call and see.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

I had a couple of Microair 760s repaired by this guy. He did good work at reasonable price. All I have left is his phone number (814) 882 2855. All he works on is Microair.

Thanks, I will give him a call. Really appreciate the contact info.

Ted

I have one sitting on the shelf, its tuner is a bit flaky. I called him a few years ago, he can fix some of them depending on which version they are. mine is a first version like serial number 11, and he said that he could not fix it. parts were just not available for it. but give him a call and see.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Thanks Bob for taking time to reply. I will keep everyone posted as to what I find out.

Ted

I have tried to call the number listed in the replies and get a voicemail. I have left several messages with no response.

Microair 760 channel knob

My early model microair 760 sat unused for almost 2 years. When first operated again it was very hard to select channels, kept skipping around as the knob was rotated. I sat in the aircraft, in the hangar, powered up, for about an hour gently rotating the knob on both xxx. and .xxx sides of the display. It finally works again!