mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
My brother Adam is gone too soon. He was only 41, and no one has ever been more gifted, talented, funny, and hard-working. Adam was previously a Vans engineer who was involved in the development of the RV-14 and other models. If you're building or have built a modern Vans kit, you have used his plans drawings.The universe has a hole in it that can never be filled, but I hope he's in a better place now. Make sure to tell the people you care about that you love them, you can never really be sure you'll get another chance.

IMG_7929.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of us who knew and worked with Adam Burch loved him and will miss him greatly. Adam’s contributions to Van’s and the community were many. He worked on the engineering team and was instrumental in creating the kit assembly instructions for the RV-12 and RV-14 models, was an incredible 3D modeler, and was always there to help enthusiastically with anything needed. Always friendly and enthusiastic, he added so much to the team while he worked here, and continued to do so even after he left Van’s for other work adventures. Adam was an incredible and uniquely capable creative, contributing to designs and visualizations of not only the RV airplanes, but later in his career he expanded to work on spacecraft and other amazing, forward-looking project designs. He will be forever missed.

On a more personal note: Adam was my friend, and I actually started working at Van’s after he’d already left and moved to Colorado. He was the kind of guy who would give you the shirt off his back and immediately be there for you, dropping literally everything to help someone in need. And after that, he’d probably ask if you needed another of his shirts, and if you said, “No, I’m okay now,” he’d probably ask (in a worried voice), “Are you sure, I have plenty of them!” That was Adam. We had many deep conversations about the joys and pains of life and work over the past few years, which I’ll forever value. I miss him already.

We all will.

Last edited:
Those of us who knew and worked with Adam Burch loved him and will miss him greatly. Adam’s contributions to Van’s and the community were many. He worked on the engineering team and was instrumental in creating the kit assembly instructions for the RV-12 and RV-14 models, was an incredible 3D modeler, and was always there to help enthusiastically with anything needed. Always friendly and enthusiastic, he added so much to the team while he worked here, and continued to do so even after he left Van’s for other work adventures. Adam was an incredible and uniquely capable creative, contributing to designs and visualizations of not only the RV airplanes, but later in his career he expanded to work on spacecraft and other amazing, forward-looking project designs. He will be forever missed.

On a more personal note: Adam was my friend, and I actually started working at Van’s after he’d already left and moved to Colorado. He was the kind of guy who would give you the shirt off his back and immediately be there for you, dropping literally everything to help someone in need. And after that, he’d probably ask if you needed another of his shirts, and if you said, “No, I’m okay now,” he’d probably ask (in a worried voice), “Are you sure, I have plenty of them!” That was Adam. We had many deep conversations about the joys and pains of life and work over the past few years, which I’ll forever value. I miss him already.

We all will.
Plus 1 on everything Greg wrote, plus he had a fun sense of humor that no one could help but laugh to.

Adam Burch….
Mister metric crescent wrench ( and many other humorous tidbits he snuck into the construction manuals).

Sorry to hear of your loss Matt. It sounds like we have all lost something from his passing.

Adam was funny, friendly, creative - a combination we don’t often find in aviation - and I am happy that I had the opportunity to meet him and call him a friend. Our realm is poorer, and another realm richer with his moving on, and I am sad to see him go.

Matt: keep breathing.

Sincere and eloquent folks expressed it better than I can. You're in our prayers.
Thank you for the practical advice as well; I'll tell those I love that I do...

Last edited:
My brother Adam is gone too soon. He was only 41, and no one has ever been more gifted, talented, funny, and hard-working. Adam was previously a Vans engineer who was involved in the development of the RV-14 and other models. If you're building or have built a modern Vans kit, you have used his plans drawings.The universe has a hole in it that can never be filled, but I hope he's in a better place now. Make sure to tell the people you care about that you love them, you can never really be sure you'll get another chance.

View attachment 62322
Dang Matt, so sorry.