What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 rear seat crotch strap

SMO

Well Known Member
Friend
HELP RV-4 rear seat crotch strap

Searching the forums I understand some folks have installed the rear seat crotch strap around the flap rod. Can someone tell/show me what method/hardware was used to attach it there?

I have a Hooker set.

Last edited:
Rear crotch attachment

Searching the forums I understand some folks have installed the rear seat crotch strap around the flap rod. Can someone tell/show me what method/hardware was used to attach it there?

I have a Hooker set.

Marc

I also have a Hooker seat belt in my -4, and added a rear crotch strap. As far as the attachment point for the crotch strap, you have to tie into the rear spar, and fabricate the attachment around the push rod that goes to the rear bellcrank, make sure you don't interfere with the movement of that push rod. Bring the attachment from both sides and terminate under the floor to which you would attach a triangular attachment (.125 aluminum or 063 -4130 steel). To that you attach your bottom crotch strap attachment.

This is actually an easy retrofit.

JT

Mark,

Sent you pictures of my crotch strap bracket by e-mail. Don't know how to post the on the forum. I will also sent them to Axel.

Tom

Mark,
Don't know how to post the on the forum.
Tom

Here we go. Thanks for the pics.

100_3033.jpg

100_3142.jpg

Back