What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CIrcuit Breaker Spacing

vonjet

Well Known Member
Can somebody tell me what the proper spacing is for the circuit breakers? I have Klixon circuit breakers the compact ones. Looking for Vertical Spacing and HOrizontal. Thanks

re: measure 'em...

...see how much space you need.:) As far as I know, there's not a specified distance. At least I hope not, I've started drilling my panel for switches & breakers. Although, Van's does send a template for the switches for the -10, and I'm using it for some of them. Well, actually all of them.:)
Just a word of caution, measure a bunch of times, & drill once.
There was neat article in Sprot Aviation a while back. It showed a picture a really nice cut out panel, the only problem was that the holes were too close together & the instruments wouldn't fit in on the back side. I, personally, would rather err on the side of too far apart, yeah, it may waste some panel space, but not the entire panel.

Marshall Alexander
RV10/N781DM
fuse-panel & top

I used .75 horizontal and 1.00 vertical spacing on my sub circuit breaker panel for the mini Klixons. I think that turned out perfect as they are not to close but do not take a lot of extra room.

On my main switch panel where I used full size Tyco I spaced them 1" by 1".

ok

I drew a test grid on the panel yesterday. I used .75" horizontal and 1.25" vertical. I didn't look too far apart and I have good spacing so I guess I will go with it.
Thanks for the input.

Back