What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another GTN 750 question

JDanno

Well Known Member
I enter a course reversal via a holding pattern. At the end of the holding pattern the 750/650 will automatically exit out of that and restart the approach to landing.
Suppose ATC leaves you in the holding pattern. How do you get the GTN to resequence the holding pattern indefinitely until cleared for the approach?
I haven't found any written info on this. Anybody know the page number or the directions? Thanks, as always!

On the 430W series you would push the OBS key (bottom left) to suspend waypoint sequencing. My guess is something similar on the 650. Try "suspend waypoint sequencing" in the index.
note added:
I looked it up. You touch "SUSP" (suspend) to suspend way point sequencing. Touch it again to "unsuspend".

Last edited:
I enter a course reversal via a holding pattern. At the end of the holding pattern the 750/650 will automatically exit out of that and restart the approach to landing.
Suppose ATC leaves you in the holding pattern. How do you get the GTN to resequence the holding pattern indefinitely until cleared for the approach?
I haven't found any written info on this. Anybody know the page number or the directions? Thanks, as always!

Hello JDanno,

Guidance for "Flying an Approach with a Hold" is provided on page 6-15 of the Rev. H GTN 750 Pilot Guide. This note is provided which discusses using SUSP to stay in the hold for as long as you like.

NOTE: If you need to lose extra altitude or speed by going around the holding pattern again, touch SUSP to manually suspend waypoint sequencing BEFORE crossing the holding waypoint the second time. If you?ve already passed this waypoint, re-activate the holding pattern.

Note that when you execute the missed approach with a GTN 750, the GTN will Auto-Suspend when you enter the missed approach holding pattern, so you don't have to remember to do that to stay in the hold.

Steve

Thanks guys! I'll go out on Tuesday and give it a try. The front has moved on thru here in Tennessee and the weather looks good for flying tomorrow.

Back