What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check the date!

arr

Sponsor
As I was working on my empennage (two weeks into it) I became perplexed .... again...(not all that unusual in my garage!)

I went ahead and prepped the VS and rudder and part of the HS. Did the AKZO primer (first time), then started riveting (first time), and went to the page regarding the lower hinge and the rudder stops.

Well, to my surprise, I could not find the rudder stops that I had supposedly cut, match drilled, deburred, and primed. Went through every box and bin probably ten times.

SOLVED the mystery when I carefully looked at the bottom of the plan pages at the DATE printed in a small box.

For some reason Vans had sent to sets of plans just for the VS and the rudder. It never occurred to me to compare the revision dates.

The newer set has the more recent rudder stop design. It was a relief to find the answer to my "lost" rudder stops.

So, just a heads up.....Check the dates at the bottom of the page if you have more than one copy of plans.

Andy Rahn
RV10 builder

Back