What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flo-scan mount bracket nutplates

auburnaviator

Well Known Member
RV-10 fuselage kit page 28-10 step 1 says to dimple/install nutplates on the flo-scan mount bracket. However, the previous page lists two separate nutplates for 2 separate systems (flo-scan or FT-60). What system did everyone use and why? Looking for pluses/minuses of each. I thought about just installing both sets of nutplates and making this decision further down the road but two of the nutplates would share a hole and therefore wouldn’t set correctly.

Edit: I also found an old post on here saying that with a certain EFI system that neither the flo-scan bracket nor the fuel filter brackets were needed. Does anyone have any insight into that? That could also be an option and I would just fill those holes in the skin with a 3-3 rivet. But I want to make certain that is correct before I do that and then find out I have to drill it out later.

Last edited:
I built mine with both sets. For the FT-60, which seems like the more likely part for me, although I haven’t gotten to that installation yet, I put in both required nutplates. For the other one, one nutplate could be attached with both rivets. For the final nutplate, I cut off one of the rivet holes. I riveted the nutplate in place with a single rivet and a generous helping of JD Weld Marine Weld to hold it in place against rotation. I treaded a screw into the nutplate to make sure it was centered before installing it.

I’m 99% sure of my likely transducer choice, since all major EFIS are compatible, but I saw no harm in installing the other nutplates, just in case.

Back