What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout out to Stewart Transport

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
I recently had to move my RV-12 project (lacking only engine and avionics) from North Carolina to Colorado (KLMO). Read all the threads on the forums and decided to do it myself. My best estimate on renting a 22-foot truck and buying Diesel fuel for the trip was $1600, not counting motels. Stewart Transport quoted $2500 for the move and that $900 delta proved to be perhaps the best money I've ever spent. Mark and Shelly showed up in the most impressive 18-wheeler (53 foot trailer) I've ever seen, making me feel immediately better. They proceeded to load the fuselage using their custom crane, strap the wings to the sides of the truck, and load all my miscellaneous parts and boxes in the most secure way imaginable, far better than I had envisioned. Turns out Kansas and Colorado had unrelenting 40 mph cross winds and I thanked my lucky stars that professionals were transporting my airplane. In addition to being the ultimate professionals, Mark and Shelly were quite friendly and nice, even humorous, which calmed my fears (as much as possible). We unloaded this morning, and it was a beautiful thing to see everything safe and sound in my hangar. Thanks Mark, Shelly and Todd at Stewart Transport.

Jerre

Mark delivered my kit car a week and a half ago. Very professional. That full length crane in the trailer is the bomb for uncrated fragile bulky stuff.

Ed Holyoke

Back in March I took delivery of my RV-14 quick build fuselage and quick build wings. Stewart Transport made what I was anticipating to be a big production into almost a non-event. They were very professional before arriving in informing me the progress of their truck (you do have to ask) and once they arrived their crane system made the job of unloading much less stressful. Although more expensive than their competition (I assume that you mileage may vary) I would use recommend them to anyone who needs to move a partially build aircraft.

I have also had an excellent experience with Stewart Transport. On time; friendly and helpful driver; got right to the end of my driveway, which wasn't expected. Highly recommend.

We had Stewart Transport deliver our RV-10 QB Fuse. Todd at Stewart Transport and Eric the driver did a fantastic job for us. What an excellent service they provide. The crane arrangement in the truck is very impressive. I plan on using them for the rest of the kit.

Stewart shipping my QB wings and fuselage to my hangar in Colorado. They could NOT have been nicer or more professional. The backed the truck right into the hangar and dropped the fuselage with a crane exactly where it still sits two months later. I would absolutely recommend using them to anyone considering it.

Also, for the greens among us, shipping with Stewart avoids the wastefulness of all that disposable crating material required for normal shipment.

Back