What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Service Information Updates - dated Oct 6 2020

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Updates made related to new nose gear axle parts which are now available and standard in kits shipping for the RV-14 and RV-10 (note that these parts are common between these two aircraft models; the original parts are perfectly serviceable and do not need to be changed)

• RV-10 Section 46

Greg,
Vans should create a kit under a separate p/n for those wanting to upgrade their current setup

Greg -- It looks like some notes got trapped partially off-page on the top right corner of page 46-02. Just FYSA, as they might not be anything important.

RV10 nose wheel

I fixed mine by installing a Beringer nose wheel Assy. Also helped considerably on shimmying.

This is a welcome update...! I have always seen the matco axle assembly for the nose draggers a requirement and this design duplicates the results of the matco axle. Glad to see it standard in the kits now.

Bill

Greg -- It looks like some notes got trapped partially off-page on the top right corner of page 46-02. Just FYSA, as they might not be anything important.

Good catch, and thanks for the heads-up. That was a non-printable (well, supposedly hah) layer with some hardware inventory references that should not have been included. Updated!

Greg - how recently were the kits updated for these new parts and instructions? My finish kit was boxed in late August, shipped in September, and was received last week. Wondering if I'm up to date or missed the cut off for the changes.

Thanks

Greg - how recently were the kits updated for these new parts and instructions? My finish kit was boxed in late August, shipped in September, and was received last week. Wondering if I'm up to date or missed the cut off for the changes.

Thanks

To be certain, given the specific timeframe you're asking about, check your kit inventory for part U-00024. That is the new axle part number. There are a few other changed parts, but that's the actual axle itself.

Back