What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bent U-01406-PC

ShortSnorter

Well Known Member
Hello - I was in the process of gathering parts for installation when i noticed one of the tabs/flanges on the nose gear mount was bent outward.**

Question:* Is this supposed to be bent outward?* If not, would bending it back to parallel*cause the part to be weakened?**

for a part as critical as that , I'd get another one. The powder coat is quite likely cracked as well

A single small bend like that shouldn't weaken steel. It might have been powder coated after it was bent; depends on when it was damaged. Cracked powder coat can be repaired with paint in that location.

I'd weigh up the cost and time for a replacement part, and factor that into the decision, apart from discussing with Vans.

I would be curious what Van's says. I would have just straightened and not given it a second thought. Perhaps this would have been wrong. Let us know.

I guess COVID has Van's support bored at home answering support emails on a weekend night!

The response I received was to use a dead blow (or similar) to gently bend the tab back.

Back