What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hardware for mounting engine

bnovak1220

Patron
Ready to mount my engine IO540 - I don't want to order the whole FWF kit from Vans - as I have learned now that I probably won't use all the parts in it - so would like to get just what I need to mount the engine. (Also going to be working on fitting the Cowl so don't want to spend the money on all the other FWF parts yet).
Vans shows This part for engine mount EA DYNA VI I(O)-540 BARRY (4 each)
Wanted to check with you guys and see if this is all I would need or if you have found better aftermarket options or also if there are some other parts I should be getting as well?

You can ask Van's to withhold some things from your FWF kit. It's not an all or nothing deal. Especially since you want the cowl, a lot of other things can come along with the same freight.

Dave

Ready to mount my engine IO540 - I don't want to order the whole FWF kit from Vans - as I have learned now that I probably won't use all the parts in it - so would like to get just what I need to mount the engine. (Also going to be working on fitting the Cowl so don't want to spend the money on all the other FWF parts yet).
Vans shows This part for engine mount EA DYNA VI I(O)-540 BARRY (4 each)
Wanted to check with you guys and see if this is all I would need or if you have found better aftermarket options or also if there are some other parts I should be getting as well?

I didn't order the FWF kit, but rather made a lot of deletions and adds to my finishing kit, which I'm told by Van's is pretty common - especially if you're planning to use different parts for electrical, fuel system, etc....such as a B&C alternator and starter, or EFII system where you wouldn't use many of the parts in the FWF kit.

I agree with getting only the parts you want, and certainly being cost conscious in that effort, however, if you're going to mount an IO-540 to the van's built engine mount, you'll need the EA DYNA VI I(O)-540 BARRY mount kit, which are the isolators (vibration mounts) that hold the engine to the mount using the other needed part kit, EA DYNA BOLT I(O)-540, which is the nuts and bolts.

You will be hard pressed to find these AN quality parts at a lower price anywhere else.

Last edited:
Back